STREETCATS FOUNDATION FOR YOUTH programs include:
- NATIONAL CHILDRENS COALITION, a 10-year-old advocacy and empowerment initiative for childrens and youth welfare and empowerment. It also produces local city mini-youth guides for 8 cities.
- YOUTH AND CHILDREN NET (youthandchildren.net), one of the oldest and largest web centers for children, youth, parents, youth counselors and educators. It features national and local resources on the full spectrum of childrens issues, fun and educational activities for kids and teens, youth speakout, high school central and
the Kid City Virtual Village. Child Net has over 2.35 million readership and offers free phone and email counseling and crisis referral.
- the only national 12-step recovery fellowship for teenagers addicted to alcohol and other drugs. Though based on the 12-steps of A.A. and N.A., it features unique, interactive material to keep teens engaged in TA recovery groups. TA has its own Leaders Guide and separate workbooks and programs for Jewish (Simcha), Christian (4 Him), Latino and LGBT teens. TA also has a comprehensive web site
on adolescent substance abuse at and a web site just for TA group leaders.
- , a new national initiative and fund to help at-risk youth through grassroots youth organizations that are making a real difference and to garner volunteers and donations for childrens and youth projects, while educating the public.
- STREET KIDS, the pioneering on-the-street counseling and resource program for street kids and runaways in urban areas. Street Kids trains others to work with homeless youth.
- YOUNG & RECOVERING, a companion program to Streetcats Teen-Anon for college-age youth who are in recovery from alcohol and other drug abuse.
- , a series of local, interactive interfaith web communities for metro areas including the San Francisco Bay area, Los Angeles, Boston, New York City, Chicago, Seattle, Philadelphia, Detroit, Phoenix, Miami, Wash.D.C, Houston. Each site features local congregations and events, music, faith-based volunteer opportunities, news, a youth section, discussion boards, Bible search and more.
- INTERFAITH FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER, a new model collaborative project between congregations of all faiths and the non-profit sector to provide children, youth and families with a comprehensive, central source of information and referral about the full spectrum of children/youth issues, The idea is to deal holistically with a persons immediate, more tangible needs and beyond, to offer them spiritual comfort as well.
- 1ST.STEPS, the at-home, individual youth substance abuse recovery counseling programs, audiotapes and workbooks for teenagers, college students, parents, youth counselors and youth pastors
- KIDSURFER COMPUTER PROJECTS, connect teens and pre-teens with computers, graphic and web site projects and bridge the digital divide.
- CITY KIDS WEB SITES, provide local resources and fun things to do for children 7-12 in Los Angeles, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, Philadelphia,Detroit, Miami, Washington, D.C., New York, Phoenix, Minneapolis-St.Paul.
- , provide local things to do, places to see and helping resources for teens in San Diego, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami,St. Louis, Minneapolis, Seattle, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, N.Y.C.
- , our new central web resource for youth counselors, college counselors and youth-workers; our new national web resource for families with teens and pre-teens provide kids and teens with positive resources to guide them in growing up and ways to help others.
Streetcats Foundation, 1550 N.E. 137th. Avenue , Portland OR, 97230
510 316-7100 1-4pm Pacific Mon-Fri
(Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you'd like a reply.)
YOUTH AND CHILDREN NET